- Available Now OnDemand
- Available Now OnDemand
- Available Now OnDemand
- Available Now OnDemand
- What do the abbreviations STB, LED, EPG and DVR stand for?
- STB: Set Top Box
- LED: Light Emitting Diode
- EPG: Electronic Programming Guide
- DVR: Digital Video Recorder
- Do I need a digital TV set to get MTC cable?
No. A list of compatible Televisions, VCRs, DVD players and other entertainment equipment are listed on the Remote Control Guide provided to you at the time of installation.
- Will any set-top box work with MTC Cable?
No. MTC Cable signal is encrypted and requires our authorized set-top boxes to receive the programming that we provide.
- What do I need to get MTC HD service?
Anyone with our high definition compatible set top box may subscribe to our current HD programming package. However, we recommend that you have a high definition television in order to fully maximize the enhanced visual technology that high definition provides.
- Is MTC Cable available in my area?
To find out if MTC Cable is available in your area, please contact an MTC Customer Service Representative by calling 845-586-2288.
- What should I do if I am planning to move?
Two weeks prior to your move, contact MTC Cable to determine if you can transfer your services to your new location. If you are moving out of the MTC Cable service area, please return all equipment to the MTC Cable Business Office at 579 Main St., Margaretville.
- How do I view information about the program that I am watching?
Press the "INFO" button on your remote. You may also press the "GUIDE" button on your remote. The program will be minimized and the description will appear.
- What is DVR service?
DVR is the service that allows your set top box to record programming on your television. Our customers enjoy this feature because it allows them the ability to record their favorite show or the entire series. It allows you to rewind live TV and to replay something you want to see again. And better yet, you can even "Pause" live TV to allow you to fast forward through commercials.
- How much storage does my DVR have left to record on?
Press menu on your remote, and then press the DVR icon. Go to my recordings and the percentage that is used will show in the middle of your TV screen.
- How do I view a recorded show?
Press the Menu button on your remote, highlight the DVR option and press OK. You will be given the following options:
- My recordings—Select and press OK to view any recordings available. Sort by title, date, channel and viewed/not.
- Future recordings--- Lists any programs scheduled to be recorded. Sort by title, date, channel and skipped/not.
Tip: Set the "Start" and "End" time to begin and end 1 to 2 minutes before and after each program you wish to record so that you don’t miss out on previews or shows that may run too long. Press the "STOP" button on your remote to resume live TV.
Note: To record, you must have a DVR set top box and subscribe to DVR service. You can record two shows at once, but you must watch one of those channels while the recording is in progress.
- Can I schedule a recording for another date and time?
Yes. You may schedule recordings up to 6 days in advance. **You also have the option to record a specific program one time, weekly, or daily.
- When my DVR hard drive is full, will the DVR automatically delete my recordings?
Yes. The oldest recordings will be deleted first.
- How long can I keep my DVR recordings?
As long as you like, but space is limited by the size of your hard drive.
- What do I need to get MTC’s HD service?
Anyone with our high definition compatible set top box may subscribe to our current HD programming package. However, we recommend that you have a High Definition Television in order to fully maximize the enhanced visual technology that high definition provides.
- If I get an HD set top box, will all of my programming be in HD?
No. Only the programming that is produced in HD and is delivered via an HD-specific channel is shown in HD.
- How do I see what HD channels and programming are available?
Press the "GUIDE" button on your remote control and view the channels in the "400 Number Group".
- How do I access the Parental Controls menu?
- Press the "MENU" button on your remote control, highlight the "House" Icon and press "OK".
- Navigate to and highlight "Parental Controls", press "OK". You will then be asked to "Create Locks Pin"; Enter a 4 digit number and then confirm that number. **Remember to document your PIN.
- NOW you can set up the "Parental Controls" of your choice by pressing the "MENU" button on your remote control, highlighting the "House" Icon and pressing "OK", highlighting "Parental Controls" and pressing "OK", entering your "PIN", and viewing and selecting from the options that are given.
- Here you will have the option to block channels on an individual basis or by category.
- What do movie ratings mean?
- G: General Audience
- PG: Parental Guidance Suggested
- PG-13: Parents Strongly Cautioned
- R: Restricted
- NC-17: No one 17 and under admitted
- AO: Adults Only
- X: Children under the age of 17 not admitted. Includes explicit sexual content
- XX: Includes strong sexual content
- XXX: Includes strongest sexual content
- My Set Top Box will not turn on. What could be the problem?
Your set-top box may be updating. Wait a few minutes and try it again. Be sure the power cord is plugged in and that the outlet is working. Also, try turning on the set-top box manually by pushing the power button on the front instead of using the remote (batteries in the remote may be dead).
- What should I do if my set-top box appears to not be working correctly?
Verify the TV is on. Be sure the box is on. Confirm the correct input is selected.
- How do I reboot (power Cycle) the set-top box?
The preferred method of Power Cycling your set top box is to unplug your box from the electrical wall outlet, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. This will reboot the box. If this step does not correct the problem, please contact MTC Cable for further assistance.
- What should I do if I am not getting a signal?
Press the input button on your remote or television.
- What should I do if there is no video picture on the TV screen?
Be sure your TV and STB are on. Verify that the correct input source is selected. If your TV or STB is connected to a home theater system, be sure it is powered on as well. Also, tighten any loose cables by hand.
- I see snow on the TV and no picture. What should I do?
You may have mistakenly turned the channel on the TV tuner itself. To correct this, press the input button on your remote control and verify that it is set to the correct input. **If you have a coaxial cable connection from your STB to your TV, be sure that your TV is tuned to channel 3 or 4. Also, tighten any loose cables by hand.
- Why can I see a picture, but not hear any sound?
First, press the MUTE button on the remote to make sure MUTE is off. Then, try turning up the volume. If you are still experiencing problems, verify that all cables attached to the AUDIO INPUT JACKS on the back of your STB and your TV or home theater system have been properly attached and secured.
- Why is the picture not the same size as my Television?
The resolution on your STB must be compatible to your television. For a standard television and set top box the resolution should be set to 480i. HD televisions and set top boxes should be set to 1080i.
- Why do I have a picture, but no info bar?
Try doing a power cycle.
- What should I do if my Electronic Program Guide is frozen?
Try doing a power cycle. **Please note it may take a few minutes for the software to update and the EPG to become operational again.
- Why doesn’t the remote control work?
Be sure the STB mode is on by pressing the "CABLE" button on the remote. Be sure that there are no obstructions between the remote and the set top box. Finally, replace the batteries if necessary.